Hang on while I scrape off some of this blog-abyss ichor that's been tenaciously clinging to my digits...
Forgive me blogosphere, for I have sinned. It has been humhrm*coughcough*hmm days since I've last posted, for which I am not in the slightest bit sorry.
What have I been doing? I have been sewing....kinda. Mostly I've been sewing bras, as it's been a pressing and urgent need.
I've become a fan of the Watson Bra pattern by Cloth Habit. The instructions are easy to follow (when One, not admitting who, reads them), and the construction is pretty straightforward.
I'll admit my first Watson came together like a Scottish castle in a Monty Python skit (you're not getting pictures!!), but once I figured out what went wrong the later iterations came together more easily, with marked improvements at each go.
As we all know, tracing off a pattern is a great way to make personalized adjustments, which I was able to do pretty easily here. I added a skosh more seam allowance (more on that later), and I've been gradually adding more width to the bridge with each make.
On to the good stuff: Each make is fully power mesh, and all are fully lined. The black and ivory bras are lined in cotton jersey, and the red is lined in a chiffon tricot. All fabrics were purchased from Fabric.com, and the elastics, rings, notions, and clasps are from Sew Sassy Fabrics (luuuuuuuurrrrrrve this vendor!!).